Re: <E36> climate controls

>John Jensen wrote:
>>Is it possible to change the dial-style climate control unit to the
>>digital >>type?
>>My 95 M3 has the dials but I think the digital type was an option on '95
>>3ers.

Jason Lile responded:
>It's not really an option, but was phased into regular production in the 95
>model year.  I remember someone (John F.?) posting some numbers for a retro
>kit once.  I believe the price was somewhere in the $2000 range from BMW.

I don't recall any '95 3ers with the digital controls.  As far as I know
the digital controls were introduced on the 328i's which were '96 models.
Of course the '96 M3s came out real late, like April of '96 and were only
built for 3 months.  The last '95 M3s were actually produced as late as
December '95 and none contained digital controls that I ever saw.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021