re: M-Day at Spartanburg 11/13/98

Dennis wrote:
>I received the ROUNDEL on Monday of this week and called that same afternoon
>to register for the driving events on Friday , Nov.13th.(M-DAY) . I was told
>these events have been filled for a week.
>How does one get on an insider's list so as to be able to take part in such
>events with limited space?

As soon as the BMW CCA office received the information from BMW NA, a
Pipeline was sent out to all Chapter Presidents and newsletter editors
outlining the event and listing the number to call.  BMW started accepting
phone registrations for the event on the 17th of September, but were really
not prepared to effect registration until the 21st.  That the ad appeared
at all in the October Roundel was a miracle in and of itself as the ad copy
was not received by the Roundel Art Director until August 26th and not
proofed by NA until September 2 at the earliest.  Many chapters actually
had the information in their newsletters before the start date for phone
registrations.  Unfortunately the driving events portion of the event was
only able to handle, I believe, 200 participants.  There were a few
openings as of last week for the early AM slot but, since I only received
my regular mail copy of Roundel today (Thursday), I suspect the last slots
were taken quickly by those who receive Roundel by first class mail.  As
far as I know there are no limitations on registering for the rest of the
event.  Apparently there's no shortage of barbeque in South Carolina, just
instructors and M-coupes.

- -Phil Marx,  BMWCCA Exec.VP