re: Please Help!!!: Noise from my Vanos Unit

The Landshark himself has been kind enough to exchange numerous e-mails with
me on my VANOS noise problem (all within about 5 minutes of my original
post--Thanks Jim!!!), and has indicated that there is actually a service
bulletin on the issue.  To quote:

>  There is a SPECIFIC bulletin on GEAR NOISE from the Vanos Unit..
>  It involves taking the thing apart.. and then rotating the BIG gear around
>  bit and reassembling..

My dealer denies that such a bulletin exists, saying only that one exists for
replacing the VANOS unit itself (which at least one Digest member has
indicated didn't solve his problem).

So, does anyone have this bulletin number, or know how to get it?  Thanks in
advance for your help.  I promise to submit a summary once I get all info and
get this problem solved.

Thanks again,

Tim Leithead
'95 M3, VANOS rattling, wishing I had double VANOS instead....