Please Help!!!: Noise from my Vanos Unit

Sorry to bother you all again with this, but my problem is escalating severly,
and I need help from anyone that might have answers on this.

To review, after a blip of the throttle, as the rev's begin to return to idle,
a rattling/vibrating noise eminates from inside the Vanos unit in the region
of the timing chain and tensioners.

So, as of today the dealership has replaced the tensioners under warranty, and
the problem is still there.  Now they're starting to scare me.  They know I do
track events, and today stated that they'd have to investigate how driver's
schools affect BMW's warranty (I'm 99% sure that they don't affect
it--right?).  Then they went on to say that they were going to see if my car
had logged an overrev (I thought that only OBD II did this, and the service
guy wasn't sure), which would clearly give them an excuse to deny warranty
coverage.

Would my '95 M3 have logged an over-rev were it to have occurred?  I'm pretty
sure I haven't over-reved it, but I bought it used, and have no idea if this
might have happenned to the previous owner.  If I ever buy another used M3, I
think I'll insist that the pre-sale inspection include a test for potential
over-rev to ensure that later claims can't be denied on this basis.

To make matters worse, I have a driver's school this weekend, and they don't
much want to return the car to me.  When the service rep tells the service
manager that it's for a driver's school (which I stupidly told him before all
this started), I have a feeling they might not release the car to me.

Any suggestions?  Can anyone tell me what this problem might be?  If they
could solve it, I think they'd stop hassling me.  But if they face the
prospect of spending lots of time an money trying unsuccessfully to find the
problem, they'll continue to try to find ways to deny the warranty claim.

Regards,

Tim Leithead
'95 M3, Avus Blue, slightly sick at the moment