Re: synthetic oil -how often?

 From: Donn York <dyork@domain.elided>
 Subject: Oil Ch-Ch-Changes

 <So my questions are:

(1) My car has 9,000 miles and recently had its first
 scheduled oil change.  I think there is no harm in switching to synthetic
 at this early stage.  Right?

RIGHT

(2) I think I should choose Castrol synthetic, because I can buy it myself and
do every other oil change (around 4,000 miles) myself using the Castrol
Syntech.  Right?

It's a plan

(3) If I use a synthetic oil, is it overkill to change every 4,000-4,500
miles?

Define overkill

(4) Do people (you!) believe that Castrol Syntech is significantly less good
 than Mobil 1, the Jim C. of motor oils? >>

No, I think most of them are fungable if used per directions

Christopher

Flame suit on,  after my last post some nuts been sending me private e-mail
and even put me on his "buddy list" to try and convince me of his point of
view,  He was doing ok until he tried to tell me a Porsche 912 was a limited
edition 911 made with carburators - je kind of lost my attention at that
point...

End of bmw-digest V9 #229