Oh oh! Piece blew off my E36 M3!

Hi digesters,

I was recently driving this weekend and a black plastic piece
that goes underneath the front airdam (right underneath the
radiator) got partially 'off'.  Problem is it was night and my
windows were open (therefore by the time I slowed down, a significant
part of this now hanging piece was grated into the previous 1.5
miles).  Is this because of a strong gust of wind?  Did I crack
some animal in the night?  Or am I merely an idiot that now
has 10+ ft of duct tape holding his car together because of bad luck?
Also what is the part number so I can replace this bugger.

Thanks,

George Trilikis
Caterpillar Inc.
E36 M3 (CAT DIESEL!)