re: Magnecor vs Nology vs Stock wires

"Rob" wrote:
> Has anyone ever tested all these wires back to back on a dyno??  Do any
> of them actaully make a difference in power or driveability ,assuming the
> O.E wires are in good condition?

Yes... and maybe. Here's a URL where you can read the owner's
impressions and link to the dyno charts:
http://info.connect.com.au/staff.connect.com.au/ianh/318ti/1998-07/msg00795.html

For the web impaired, the results showed peak gains of 2.2 hp and 2.5
lb/ft on an M44 installed in a '96 318ti. Although those are probably
small enough differences to fall within the dyno's margin of error
(there was a temperature change during the runs that was calculated
out), looking at the charts reveals a couple of things. First, the
torque curve is fattened up a noticeable amount from 2000 to 3000 rpm.
The M44 could certainly use that. Second, the hp curve doesn't drop off
as fast above 6000 rpm. I don't think the shape of the curves are dyno
errors, so there appears to be _some_ real benefit.

Later on, this owner reported that the fit of the larger Magnecor boots
prevents installation of the M44's stock wire cover. He also noted that
the wires weren't exactly the right length. Magnecor did respond by
offering to cut a custom set.

Seems like a legit product, good customer service, minimal performance
gains, not quite stock fit. You'll have to decide if that's worth the
money.
- --
Ron Katona

End of bmw-digest V9 #228