Re: Secret Lurker Question (toggle switch in glove box)

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Thomas Bradford wrote:

> In the glove box, just next to the light, is a toggle switch.   What does it
> control?

I have no idea - there isn't one in my car...

> Another question I have and feel silly asking:  How do you manually
> raise and lower the top?

DON'T.
 IF you run into a bind where the top is down and it begins to snow
and the thing just won't go, you can manually disconnect both the
cover motor and the top motor from their mechanisms so that you may
manually open the boot and raise the top.  At that point, you have to
take it to a dealer to have them reconnect and re-sync the mechanisms
for a fee.
 The actual process for doing so is via two holes in the trim pieces
located in the trunk.  I'm not actually sure which way you should
poke or prod, as I don't want to accidentally do it myself.  Your
manual will outline this for you...
 If you were to disconnect the top actuator arm while the boot was
open, you could move the top up and down because it would be
disconnected from the motor that moves it.  But to activate the
emergency disconnects casually would be folly.

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net