<ALL> Rain X & Cleaning Windshields

I have been using Rain X with outstanding wet weather visibility
enhancement for 10 years.
I clean my windshield with 409, rinse with water and then wipe down with
alcohol before I apply an even coat of Rain X.  I use a 12x12 inch square
from a flannel bed sheet as an applicator.  If the preparation is done
correctly the Rain X will coat the windshield with an even film that can be
hand buffed with no streaks or swirl marks and the wipers are seldom
needed.  If the Rain X doesn't go on evenly you will need to clean the
windshield again.  Holding back on the use of the wipers will prolong the
effectiveness if the Rain X.  The Rain X will wear off with in a few
months.  Bon Ami cleanser (made from egg shells) does a excellent job of
stripping Rain X and other stubborn film off a windshield without damage.
 I have also used Bon Ami to clean the windshield before I put on the Rain
X, if I couldn't get a streak free application.
Scotch pads, Comet type cleaners and steel wool are a No! No!
Rod...

- -----
Rodney Moore
e-mail: m6bigdog@domain.elided