Re: Battery

- --=_ORCL_24285011_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

Eugene,

As you've probably noted, I changed the battery. I bought an Exide unit,
which
meets all the requirements, including size, cold cranking amps, and venting.
In fact, Exide lists this battery for this car. After I installed the
battery,
all the lights in/on the car glow brighter. I'm sure it's the right
decision.
After 6 years, an old battery can die on you any moment.

I currently have 70,000 miles on my car. The plan is to drive this car for
at
least 150,000 miles. Thus, at the current mileage, it does make sense to
swap
out the battery (and waterpump), to get the most return on the new parts.

By the way, somebody (a M3 owner) mentioned timing belt. On the E36, you
don't
need to change the timing belt.

- -Roger Peng

- --=_ORCL_24285011_0_0