Re: Steam Cleaning Engine Bay

My $0.02 Worth is;

Don't Do It!  Steam cleaning is the "lazy" way to have a clean
engine...Nothing beats keeping the engine clean by hand rubbing, polishing,
wiping, brushing, comp. air blowing, etc...you won't see any "Water" or
"Steam"(same thing in different forms) on my engines.

The last time I steam cleaned an engine was 30 years ago when I steamed
cleaned the ole SS396/375 hp Chevelle...just covered the Holley carb., the
distributor, and the alternator with plastic and let 'er rip!

Those days are looooong gone...with all the electronics, air flow meters, fuel
injection, etc. these days I wouldn't recommend shooting any "moisture" in any
engine bay.

Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA#76646