Re: Steam Cleaning Engine Bay

John Weese writes:

> Don't Do It!  Steam cleaning is the "lazy" way to have a clean
> engine...Nothing beats keeping the engine clean by hand rubbing, polishing,
> wiping, brushing, comp. air blowing, etc...you won't see any "Water" or
> "Steam"(same thing in different forms) on my engines.
>
> Those days are looooong gone...with all the electronics, air flow meters, fuel
> injection, etc. these days I wouldn't recommend shooting any "moisture" in any
> engine bay.

Those cleaning days still linger in Germany. The service
stations in this town are still adding self-service, water jet "wash
boxes" to meet demand.  People are just careful about blasting water
into the more delicate parts or they cover them up. They also keep
their distance from the paint.

- -John
'96 318is (clean inside and out)
john.firestone@domain.elided