<E36>REPLY-1992 325 Water Pump Replacement

Roger wrote:

My '92 E36 has reached 70K miles. I'm taking the car in to replace the
waterpump as a precautionary measure. A couple of people I know (with '93
models) have both had their waterpump go at around this mileage, at
inconvenient times of course. Has anyone else had this experience? I heard
it's due to the bearing material used in the early waterpumps.
- - -Roger Peng

Actually, its not the bearing, but the nylon (fiberglass?) impeller that
fails.  An improved water pump is what is used now, as a replacement.  Are
you the original owner of the vehicle?  If not, its possible it was already
replaced with the improved model.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD