Dusty Pads

Subject: Dusty Pads

I don't know about you guys but "dusting a bit" does not even remotely
begin to describe what occurs on my 1995 540i 6 speed. Incredibly...
Gobs of....Amazing amounts of....like I've never seen before..... are
the words that come to my mind in describing the Pagid dust that I get.
It's so bad, I washed my car yesterday and had to clean my wheels today.
I would say that a noticeable amount of dust (enough to make me wip the
wheels down) is generated in about 25-40 miles of ordinary (for me)
driving. I HAVE to find a suitable replacement for these suckers. I'll
be buying probably the repco's as soon as I can (the consensus seems to
be that they're the lesser of two evils)
			I personally went with Pagids on my 535i as braking, low noise and
perfect fit were my priorities.  I also sell PBR/Axxis which are much
cleaner (go with the Deluxe compound...they'll stop better on the street)
but I've had many people complain about squeal and sloppy fit in the
calipers.  In addition, the spring clips on the backs of the inner calipers
will snap off if you put too much force on them during the installation.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com