<E36 M3> Re: x-brace

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question re the x-brace.  As usual,
good info all around.

Installed it this evening.   Whoa!  Big improvement.  Front end noticeably
more solid, seems more stable at speed, less wandering, turn-in improved.
(Plus, my whites are whiter, my breath is fresher, and I think I'm growing
new hair.)  As far as bang for car buck, one of the best $125 I've spent.

On the other hand, the concensus re the rear tower brace seems to be that it
doesn't really do anything in the way of handling.  Makes sense now that I
think about it given the rear suspension design.  The main benefit noted was
that it provides some structural reinforcement to reduce body twist/stress.

Other benefits of the rear brace mentioned were:
- -    Reduces the annoying creaking of the split rear seats better than Lexol
or
     GummiPhlegm (almost worth it to me on that basis alone);
- -    Protects stereo equipment mounted on seat backs from damage by golf
clubs;
- -    Provides a convenient place to hang wet items;
- -    Really impresses the kid at the market when loading the beer;
- -    Keeps the ex-wife from banging against the rear seats when braking.  ;)

Thanks again for the info.
Mike A.
mla1@domain.elided