<E36 M3> Re: x-brace

Mike wrote:
>How does the x-brace affect steering characteristics in the M3 (95
>E36)? I'd expect that making the front end stiffer would create more
>understeer.  If so, does a rear tower brace help balance it out?

Mike,

If you add the x-brace to an M3 with a stock suspension you will have
a car with a quicker turn in response at high speeds.  No added
understeer.  You won't feel it on the street, but definitely will at
an auto-x course.  You might feel it on an on ramp.  A definitely
worthwile upgrade and it's relatively cheap, I got mine at the BMW
Store in Cin., $120 w/discount, delivered with all the fasteners.
They're in the Roundel.

Carlos
95 M3
PS  If you change the shocks/springs at the same time you add the
x-brace you might not feel the diff.