<02> Weber Air Cleaner Options

What's the best air cleaner/filter for use with a Weber 32/36 carb? I've
been using the rectangular chrome unit with an oiled gauze filter for years,
but I've read that paper filters are better (even better when they are
slightly dirty). Does anyone know of a paper element to fit this unit?

I've also read that the stock cleaner housing/filter unit (round paper
element) provides better flow and allows cooler air to be sucked in via the
front-end fresh air hose connection. I also have a modified stock cleaner
with adapter (JAM?) for the Weber, but it only uses 3 of the 4 mounting
bolts to the carb because of the crankcase vent hose location.  So, it seems
slightly insecure.

Are there any other alternatives that have worked well that include the
crankcase breather hose fitting?

By the way, does JAM Engineering still make Weber carb kits?  The website
that they advertised in the Roundel (www.jameng.com) seems to now contain
old car pictures.

Mike (michael.c.miller@domain.elided)
'76 2002