Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:33:11 -0700

Greg,

I see you had the exact same situation occur with your car as mine just
two weeks ago!  I emailed you about it fairly recently, but I guess it
turned out to be the same problem.  My condolences.  At any rate, my car
is *still* at the dealer because there was a mix-up in the shipment from
NJ to reset my odometer.  (They also needed to send it out to NJ to get
it done.)

Good luck,
Eddie

		Original Posting:
		I've got a 92 325I (E36).  It experienced a problem
where it would keep running after turning the key to OFF.  It turns out
that there was a short in the SI board which caused the the car to think
that the key was still ON.  So the board is being replaced (by Dinan).
However, this board also contains the odometer.  So the new board will
have my odometer set to 0.  Not a great situation.  The tech at Dinan
told me that it could be reset, but it would require sending the new and
the old boards to BMW in NJ, and would take 3 weeks.
		My question is, is there any other way to reset the
odometer?  Can a BMW dealer do it?
		Thanks
		Greg Steinke
		gregs@domain.elided

		92 325i (broken again)
		82 Alfa Romeo Spider (reliable backup to BMW)