Reply: slick-50 or not ?

Martin, Slick 50 will give you some friction reducing benefits - for a while.
 If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm
wrong on this), at around 50K miles the coating starts flaking off of the
engine surfaces, and then you have pieces of Slick 50 running around in
your oil.  Yes, the oil filter will catch some of them.  I just use synthetic
oil, and I don't use Slick 50.  YMMV, all the usual disclaimers apply.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977