RE: MOBIL 1 OIL QUESTION

    Someone asked about using Mobil 1 15W-50 in their 94 325is.  Well, I
switched from Mobil 1 10W-30 to Mobil 1 15W-50 and found it to NOTICABLY
slow the care down considerably.  I am saying that my once fast as hell
325is with a tuned exhaust, JC chip, front air intake and K+N drove like
a dog.  I used to be able to almost keep up with a stock M3.  Ok, so, I
switched back to the 10W-30 200 miles later and it was better but still
not as good.  Only some 3K miles later when I changed the oil again did
the performance of the engine equal that of before the switch to the
thicker oil.
    Now, here's the reasoning.  15W-50 is good 1/3 thicker (more
viscous) when cold and about 75% more viscous when hot.  So, your engine
obviously now has the added friction of the oil to overcome... thus it
runs like a dog.
                                            Mike
                                            95 325is
                                            96 ///M3 EVO (converted of