rear tower brace

     From: "Mike" <mla1@domain.elided>

     Said>>>
     How does the x-brace affect steering characteristics in the M3 (95
     E36)?  I'd expect that making the front end stiffer would create more
     understeer.  If so, does a rear tower brace help balance it out?
     <<<

     Mike,

     I never noticed understeer from the X-brace but I changed a few things
     at once.  It holds corners like a rail though.  Much less wandering
     IMO.

     The rear brace does NOTHING for handling.  I have one.  I bought it
     because of 2 things.  Hey it can't hurt, and it protects all the new
     stereo gear I mounted on the back of the seats from my golf clubs.

     Save your money on the rear brace, but get the front one.

     Jim Powell
     '98 M3/4