<Misc>Re: I want my JC Chip

Manuel, you wrote:

" ...with his modified rice rocket beat me by a 1/2 car
length this weekend and it's time to show him what BMW POWER is all
about!!"

...just wanna take a second and manage expectations here.

All deference to Jim Conforti aside (I have one of his chips and love what
it does for my car) realize that you're not getting a
turbocharger-in-a-chip.  Ignition chips will smooth out the torque curve and
give you a *little* more power.  I dunno if the 95s drive like my 93 does,
but there's a little hole in the torque curve down around 2500-3000...that
pretty much goes away with a JC chip, and yes there's a ~10% increase in hp
@ 6k RPM.  THAT's what you're gonna feel with a Landshark chip.

BMW's are wonderful cars, but their goodness comes from a balance of good
acceleration, great steering feel and solid braking that you can take on a
track and beat on with great confidence because of the *balance* of the
car's capabilities.  There are going to be cars that are engineered to be
faster in some ways (do we wanna renew the Lexus thread from last year?),
but they're not going to provide the overall sensory experience that you get
from a BMW.

If you're planning on needing a neck brace for the oh-my-god acceleration,
save up your boxtops and upgrade to an M.

To improve the drivability of your car, contact Turner Motorsport at
www.turnermotorsport.com
978 388-7769

or

Eurosport Performance 801-463-4919

Eurosport might give you a better price on the chip itself.  Turner is more
of a full service shop that can help you down the line with suspension bits
and brake components for the track, etc.

Marc Plante
E36 325i, 107k
Landshark chip and some other stuff
Alexandria, VA