E46 modifications...

Hello All:
I was recently told that recent models with ASC Traction Control cannot be
fitted with stress bars and aftermarket sway bars.  If this is true, and I
really hope it is not, can somebody explain to me why?  Also, I have noticed
that many of the performance chips are not available for BMWs after the '95
model year... why is this and can we expect ECU enhancement for these models
in the future?

Due to the generous input of several digesters who responded to a previous
query by myself on the BMW Euro-delivery program I have successfully set up
the delivery of a silver '99 E46 323i in Munich on December 10th.  Huge
THANKS to all of you.
JFS