Convertible Top Care

I Have my first convertible (1998 M3) since my TR3 and I am looking for tips
on care for the top:

- - What do you use for routine maintenance of the top. Wash with mild soap
(Zymol Clear)?? Just water? If you wash it, what do you use to apply the
cleaner (cleaning cloths vs. brush)?
- - Do you chamois it dry? If you don't, you have to let the car sit until dry
or the water goes all over the rest of your clean dry car?
- -What do you use for everyday inside and outside cleaning of the of the rear
window. I've used BMW's cleaning paste but that seems like overkill on an
every-carwash basis.
- - What do you use to clean the inside of the front windshield? With the
convertible, road film seems to build up on the inside incredibly quickly
and it would be nice if there was something that would slow down the
process.

Thanks for the help!!

Jeff Simmons
'98 M3 Convertible