re: timing change (change it now!!!!!!)

Chris,
Anything over 60K and you're riding on borrowed time.  The recommended
interval is 60K but most will change it at 50K just to be on the safe
side. I have suffered the wrath of a busted timing belt in my E30 and
YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!  Changing a timing belt is cheap and easy!
Do it now and don't delay!  If you're lucky, you'll get a warning sign
by finding a few rubber teeth on your garage floor or engine
compartment.  If you're not lucky, you'll be on the roadside wondering
why your engine just died!  Procrastination is not an option!  Good
luck.
Chuck MacWilliam
'92 525i
'85 325e