Re: Rolled M3/4 and brake pads

I love starting wars so I'll start one now.

It is NOT overly important to have the same brakes on both ends of the
car - I run Performance Frictions in the front of my car and organics in
the rear to counter the dreaded rear wheel lockup.  I tried
semi-metallics in the rear and after wiggling the car down the chute at
Summit Point, I chucked them back in the box!  This is all on my overly
crude VW Gti racecar.  The ABS on the BMW will compensate for the
different pads by cycling the fronts and rears differently due to their
varying torque properties.

The only side effect from mismatched pads is uneven wear due to the
different torque characteristics.  My rears tend to wear faster than the
fronts since it takes more pedal pressure to actuate the fronts.

As for the comments about Metalmasters, they are acceptable, albeit numb
for street driving.  For any track usage, not just heavy use, any use,
they are CRAP.  I had a set explode on my '79 Scirocco - 1900 lbs, 100
hp.  If that doesn't say something about Metalmasters, you aren't
braking hard enough!