<E46> or any other BMW Leases

First.  This is not a pitch.  5 yrs I've sold these incredible machines
for a living.(tough job, huh?).  I'm not going to tell where.  I'm just
going to give all of you some leasing advice.

Second.  These aren't Chevy's, so one is not advised to approach the
buying process as such..  It will more than likely irritate/offend your
salesperson, and we should all know that BMW retailers are a "proud"
bunch.  As they should be, they have the honor of selling the finest
production cars in the world.  They can also be a vendictive bunch, and
that can hurt One's negotiating power.(you need a fair price/we need a
fair profit).  Remember, WE NEED YOU to survive, and I know that I never
forget that.

Third.  I have read about some rather high lease payments quoted here on
the new E46, and to be honest, leasing is in the "structuring".  For
example:

E46 (328ia) sticker is say...........$38,500(discounted $1500+/-)
You have $6,000 available as a Cap Reduction( read---down payment)
Term is 36 months
Mileage is 10,000 per year( I know this is low, but for example only)
License fee is $700 yr.(all states are different, I used mine)

If you gave the dealership your $6k and signed up, you would have a
payment of $440 +/-(pre tax)

All with me so far?  Now comes a differently structured one.

Instead of giving the dealership $6k for Cap Reduction, only give them
$3,850.  The remainder ($2,250) goes into "multiple security deposites",
which in effect buys down the lease factor(interest rate)Since we have
not spoken of this, let's assume it is a standard rate.

Your payment would drop to $399 +/-(pre tax), and hears the kicker---you
get the $2,250 back at the end of the lease term.   Tah Dah!!!!!!!!

How do they do it?   Hell if I know, but it is only through BMW
Financial Services.  I am not sure that they will do it indefinately,
but it has been around for a number of years.

Makes the lease a little more palitable, eh?

I'm not being a whistle blower, only that this is a program offered by
the manufacturer's finacial arm.  Maybe the Salesperson who quoted those
earlier payments didn't know about it.

Hope this helps.

Now go get one, you won't be disappointed.

Charles Gregory
93 325 is (Breathed on)