Recent Upgrade (3.91 Diff.)

Digesters,

Just wanted to share my experiences regarding my lastest upgrade.  I have
recently installed a 3.91 Diff. in my E36.  The acceleration has been
dramatically improved.  We played around with a 3.46 but decided on the
3.91.  I still have my 3.15 and plan on keeping it just in case I decide to
take a cross country trip.

Things I have noticed:

1)  MPG avg is 21-22.

2)  RPM range
    60mph-  3100 rpms
    70mph-  3700 rpms
    80mph-  4200 rpms

3)  Only slight increase in engine noise.

4)  3.91 Diff seems ideal for spirited driving in the city.

I have not done any 0-60 timing.  If you have any comments or questions
regarding the 3.91 diff., please drop me a line.

Regards,
Randy
95' 325ic
JC Chip, K&N and 3.91 Diff.