Re: New delivery record (Roundel)

george@domain.elided (George Boudreau) writes:

> The BMWCCA (with a big help of the US post office) just broke my new
> delivery time to receive the Roundel. Usually I will have it in my mailbox
> 31-33 days AFTER the release of the latest Roundel. I am glad to announce,
> today 16 Sept 98, I just receive the Aug Roundel (+/-46 days)....
>
> BTW: John F. and Geoff P.   got yours yet?

The August issue arrived in Bremerhaven about ten days ago.  That is
about the earliest I have received the Roundel; it has come
considerably later. I once had two issues arrive on the *same* day,
one and two months after mailing.  A neighbor who would know once
remarked that the German Post was a lot better under Hitler (and I bet
the trains ran on time).  Nevertheless, the Bundespost usually does
get the Roundel to my box in good shape. Of the last four issues, only
August is mildly dog-eared.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided  *** New e-mail address! ***