street racing

Regarding my recent post criticizing street racing
... I don't have the time to address every flame
against me point-by-point as I just got back from
out of town & have about 15 unread digests. I
disapprove of street racing mainly because 3 of
my former high school football teammates (ages
16-17) were killed when their car (an early 80s
German-spec 3-series) drove into a tree at high
speed while racing. This seems like a pretty
stupid way to go if you ask me. I also disapprove
of idiots pulling up next to me & revving their
engines at every stoplight & pointing down the
street when I'm driving back from the grocery
store with my girlfriend. Empirically, most of
these guys I have encountered are driving
Firebirds, Mustang GTs or Camaros (with a few
small Hondas with absurdly-large VTEC graphics on
the rear quarter panel thrown in for good
measure). This is really annoying. I admit the
generalization against  Mustang & Camaro drivers
was ill-advised, but my comments were directed
solely at the subset of these guys who look about
16 and who want to race at every stoplight. I
totally agree these cars offer awesome performance
at an unbelievable price. With the exception of
styling, American muscle cars make cars like mine
look like a God-awful proposition valuewise.
Anyway, hope this ends the flames against me.