Street Racing

BMW yuppies,

I recently started subscribing to your digest just to see what people who
spend $30-$50k for a car that doesn't even have a V-8 or a super-charger
are like. I drive a Mustang SHO 5.0 and like to practice racing whenever I
have the chance. I know your BMWs can beat me on a winding road, but I can
blow the doors off all of you on straights. Given that drag strips are
frequently straight, I don't see what's so important about suspension,
cornering ability and your other euro-concerns. Heck, I'm not even sure I
want to waste any car weight on brakes. As I see it, they don't help you go
faster!

Anyway, my view is that if YOU want to drive 30 mph near schools (hey
that's where I can REALLY impress the babes, no pun intended), go for it.
Just stay out of my way. I'll give you plenty of warning by playing
Aerosmith loud enough that you can hear me before you smell the smoke from
my tires. If you don't like me now, wait till I get my dream car, a '69
Trans Am.

Vinny Barberino