Street Racing

Is it okay to just fantasize about street racing?  I do it every time I'm first at a
stoplight.  I don't care if there's a Geo Metro next to me.  I'd like to wup everybody's
ass.  BUT I DON'T.I almost killed myself a long time ago when I was out street racing.  I
was on a divided highway.  Two lanes in both directions.  I was driving my pride and joy
Chevy Nova with a built small block (I didn't know any better then)  My advisory was a Ford
Torino.....I hated Fords back then.  Luckily I was only doing about 60 miles per hour when
I lost control of the car.  For some reason the back tires broke loose, I really don't know
why.  Could have been some oil or something on the road.  The car spun around a couple
times and then hit a cement embankment on an overpass head on.  I then bounced off the
cement wall, spun a couple more times and ended up in the ditch.  The whole front end of
the car was totaled and I had almost put my head through the windshield.  I was very lucky
to walk away with only a big lump on my head and a sprained arm.  I had bent the steering
wheel trying to keep the car under control but I just couldn't.  So now every time I get
the urge to wup someone's ass on the street I think of my Chevy Nova and I resist the
urge.  Let me tell you, it is not easy.  I'm not trying to be judgmental about the guys and
gals who street race.  I just think you should all be very careful.

Suzy
PS  And if I hadn't hit that cement wall, I would have beat that Ford Torino, too!!