Re: <E36> Creaky dash sometimes

Ron wrote:
>I would get a noticeable creaking sound from dead center of the
>dashboard.
>Took it to the dealer once for this (was still under warranty) and
>they told me the usual "couldn't find anything", but did note that it
>"may be temperature related."

Ron I don't know if this may apply but there's a TSB out on early
E36's for a dash separation at the top center vent.  Mine has it, but
there's no rattle.  The kit supposedly has a bracket that brings the
dash down and fixes the separation.  Of course the separation is well
within tolerances of an 'merican car but then again we're driving
yuppie mobiles and we have to keep up an image you know.

Oops, gotta go, cell phone rang, Muffy, Thurston and I are having
brunch at the Polo club.  Ta, ta...

Charles Lopez III
Early E36 buggy (M brand)
Kirkland, Wa. <--hoity, toity city