(E36) My Ultimate Upgrade

As some of you may have noticed from my previous .sig files, I had my 1996
328is for sale and I was buying a 1998 M3/4. Well, the first steps have
been completed - I sold the 328 and have sent the check to the dealer for
the M3. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive; the car's in NY and I'm
in CA. I used Steve Diamond's buying service (www.eurobuyer.com) to locate
*exactly* the car I wanted (or as close as was available). This is what I
ended up with - Techno Violet/Black with power & heated seats, sunroof,
OBC, cruise. The salesman sent along the all the owners materials,
including the window sticker of the car, so it's *almost* like I have the
car (OK, not really, but let me enjoy it anyway :-))

I've learned quite a bit about my 328is from the Digest, some of which
should prove useful on the M3, but I'm sure I'll have some newbie questions
as I get used to the new car :-)

Oh, and for you UUC'ers, my wife is perfectly OK with this. Well, I assume
she is; she hasn't kicked me out yet :-) And I'm pretty sure she'll have no
problems with the mods I have planned (all of which were on the 328is):
x-brace, BL/SS, Euro ellisoid headlights, clear lenses. Beyond that, not
much else planned but to get familiar with it before the Sears Point
driving school which I'm already signed up for (I've driven Laguna Seca &
Thunderhill with the 328is).

Anyway, thanks for your time,
Jim Bassett
Walnut Creek, CA