<ALL> Annoying oil leak...Solved!

Bimmeisters,

I had an annoying oil leak coming from the lower half of my M20 engine
for several years.  I had assumed it was the oil pan gasket because there
always seemed to be a drop forming from one of the pan's bolts.  The oil
ran back the pan and then further back down the car's underbody.  I say
annoying because the car didn't loose that much oil, maybe a quart
between changes.

I replaced the oil filter by pass plate and O-ring (a TSB, I think) a
couple of years ago; that helped, but didn't stop the oil loss.

The culprit?  The oil pressure switch that screws into the side of the
engine.  Oil was seeping out of the sending switch (not around) and
running down the wire, then dripping on the side of the oil pan.

Sure am happy to have a leak-free BMW again!

Dan Runyon
CCA 98984
88 325i and looking for an E28 535is

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]