Re: <e36> Interior Trim Separation

>Just noticed that in a couple of spots (driver door armrest & rear
passenger
>armrest) the trim material is bubbling out from the door panel. I expect it
>will continue to do so unless it is attended to. Is this common? If so is
>there a preventative measure?

What year E36 do you have? Coupe or Sedan? It seems the early models (92-94)
are most prone, particularly '92 and '93's. You can remove the door panels
and try gluing them back down but even then it might not work. Replacing the
door panels (about $200 each) is the only real solution. In most cases this
isn't economically feasible once the car is out of warranty in which case
you are basically forced to live with it. I have a '92 sedan w/120k on it.
(cashmere beige w/beige interior) Fortunately the light color of my interior
doesn't make it very obvious but both rear doors and passenger door in the
front have the problem. Strangely enough only the drivers door is ok. Our
750iL has had no problems like this at all... then again it is also a much
higher quality car IMHO. (then again for the extra money it should be!!)
Nothing you can really do to prevent it, except buy a newer car. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA