<E36>Creaky dash-Sometimes..

Several months after I purchased my car new, I noticed that at a particular
temperature (usually around 71 degrees F) combined with certain humdity, I
would get a noticeable creaking sound from dead center of the dashboard.
Took it to the dealer once for this (was still under warranty) and they told
me the usual "couldnt find anything", but did note that it "may be
temperature related.
  Well, over the past few months, its gotten more noticeable, and throughout
a greater temperature range.   BUT, if its not in that temperature range, it
doesnt creak at all.
  Anyone else with an early E36 have this problem?  Other than the usual
solution of roll down the windows and turn the radio up, any solutions?  I
cant seem to reproduce the problem while shaking the dash.  Only occurs
during certain temp and humidity situations, and over slightly bumpy to very
bumpy roads.

Thanx..

Ron Browne
1992 318is