E-34 AC Compressor Clutch

Greetings,

My 93 535i AC started acting up at the beginning of the summer and got
progressively worse as the temperature got hotter.  At first I thought
that it was the compressor because the car would vibrate when at idle
and the vibration would stop after exceeding 1000 RPM.  Then the cooling
became intermittent until it completely died.  Checking the fuses, # 25
was blown and it blew the replacement fuse as well. I put in a higher
amperage fuse to investigate the problem.  Looking at the compressor
while the AC is on, the clutch is slipping.   The hotter the car the
more it slips.  I have called all the major vendors and no one is able
to sell me just the clutch.  Do any of you seniors on the digest have a
thought on fixing my clutch without having to buy a whole new
compressor.  I have found a replacement Sanden for $330 that I would get
if I'm unable to fix the clutch.

TIA,

Ray Bahavar