Re: (WOB) International Harvester list

At 07:47 PM 8/27/98 -0500, Mack C. Norris wrote:
>Hey Don't knock the ol' IH. They made some mighty stout vehicles...as I am
>the proud owner of one.

my ex-roommate used to use an ersatz flatbed (converted from an ambulance)
as a tow vehicle. one fine winter day, after a mild snow storm, he wanted
to move a car. because of where the flatbed was parked, the bald tires on
the rear of the flatbed, and his general propensity towards stupidity when
it came to cars (he also races british cars), eventually he crabbed the
flatbed sideways into a ditch.

i locked the front hubs of my 1973 IHC Scout II (304 motor), shifted into
4wd (high, not low!), hooked up a tow chain, and got him out of the ditch
after goosing the throttle maybe 2 times.

i love Scouts.

> Hmh...I'll have to do some looking around for the
>IH stuff on the net.

besides the ihc list i run (/ihc/), you will want to
look at the binder bulletin (http://www.binderbulletin.com/, if i remember
correctly.)

cheers,
  richard