So, how did you get into BMWs?

OK, so this is not a technical question per se but it's still BMW related; how
DID you get into BMWs?  Was it an image thing, or a performance, or what?

My love for BMWs started in '76 with a 2002.  I was 10 and my Dad had just
bought a Chevrolet Monte Carlo with the 357 cu engine, which works out to be
some monstrosity like 5.7 liters or the like, and a friend of his had just
bought a 2002  -- it had square tailights so it had to be a 75 or 76...
Anyway, the thing is that a third friend who was a great admirer of American
cars insisted that there was NO WAY that the Monte Carlo would lose to the 02,
and so a race was proposed as a way to settle the matter.  I got to ride with
my Dad and thought for sure we would win...  Long story short, by the end of
the first block, the 02 was 1/2 a block ahead of us.  The rest, as they say,
is history, and both he and I are now proud owners of BMWs :-)

take care all,

Julian Osante
OS BMW
Quality Used Parts for Older BMWs