Re: <E36> Sequential M Transmission - AVAILABLE NOW!

In a message dated 8/27/1998 2:03:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kennedy@domain.elided
writes:

<< BenLiaw@domain.elided wrote:

 > brian, all,
 >
 > for those who _really_ want the SMG transmission, it is available NOW, in
the
 > US.

 You get me all excited -- and then tear me down...  You tease!  ;^)

who me?  why would i do a thing like that...hee hee hee...

 > it can be easily fitted into a US spec car, but there are some things
 > you'll have to modify.

 Like replacing the US-spec motor with the Euro-spec motor???  ;^)

yup, and the pedals, drivetrain, wiring harness, dash...wait...you've got a
Euro M3 now, huh?

 Well, okay -- but is it really still a US-spec car if it has a Euro-spec
motor?

is a US-spec car still a US car if it has a Euro ashtray in it?  how about
Euro lights?  why single out just the motor?

 Despite the added horsepower and the kewl transmission, I don't think my
daily
 driver would fair to well autocrossing in Modified rather than CSP.  ;^)

 Brian

ah, forget the autocross...don't you wanna be smoking dem 993's at the track?

ben
www.shortshifter.com