Re: <E36> Sequential M Transmission - AVAILABLE NOW!

BenLiaw@domain.elided wrote:

>  Well, okay -- but is it really still a US-spec car if it has a Euro-spec
> motor?
>
> is a US-spec car still a US car if it has a Euro ashtray in it?  how about
> Euro lights?  why single out just the motor?

Let me ask you this...
If the motor was the same, but the ashtrays and lights were all that was different,
do you think we'd have the term "Euro-spec M3"?
If all was the same except for the motor which was different, do you think we'd have
the term "Euro-spec M3"?

Assuming your answers were "No" and "Yes",
I rest my case.  ;^)

>  Despite the added horsepower and the kewl transmission, I don't think my
>  daily
>  driver would fair to well autocrossing in Modified rather than CSP.  ;^)
>
> ah, forget the autocross...don't you wanna be smoking dem 993's at the track?

But autocross is lots of fun.  And for the price of re-fitting a Euro-spec motor
into my car, I could almost just buy a 993 for the track.  (Well, maybe not a 993;
but perhaps a used Formula racer.)  What _would_ it cost for said Euro-spec engine
and the labor to put it in?  (The SMG was free, right? ;^)

Brian

Brian