(E30 M3) Failed Emissions due to JC chip?

Hi all,
	My 88 M3 passed Ohio emissions with flying colors two yrs ago but now =
Sharked and 7k miles older (61k total) it has failed.  Should I have =
switched the chip out before getting it checked?  I thought the chip was =
50-state legal (Jim?).  I replaced the plugs 7k miles ago.  Maybe my =
original O2 sensor is at fault, I'm not sure.  Probably wouldn't hurt to =
have my injectors cleaned.  Any ideas would be great!  TIA,

Brandon Wood
88 M3=20
BMW CCA #127523