Re: <E36> Smoking AC.

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Magnus Jansson AR/RG wrote:

> When I press the air circulation button there's
> a white smokelike thing coming out from the vents.

 If it smells bad, it's smoke, and it is bad.  If it doesn't smell,
and it disappears quickly, you're probably seeing condensing water
vapor as the cool AC air hits the humid cabin air.  Yes, clouds in the
car.

> Another "feature" in the vent system is that sometimes
> there's no air coming from the middle ventilation (the
> one above the radio). I can fix it by pretending that
> the car is a PC and turn off the ignition and start it
> again. Voila, the vent works! Any ideas?

I don't know about this, but I don't think BMW is using Microsoft
Windows to run the various management systems.  Imagine the licensing
costs! There must be another reason. :)

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net