<E36>-REPLY No front plate redux

Duane wrote:

<snip>

Haven't run a front plate on mine in 2 years.  No problems. But you do need
to carry the plate in the trunk. If you get stopped - tell the cop the
truth ("ahhhh...Officer, it looks like dawg-crap, dontcha think?"....) and
he'll be cool and let you on your way if you show 'em you have the front
tag in your possession - they want to make sure you aren't splitting tags.

<snip>

footnote- I keep mine under my floormat.  DC parking meter maids have
ticketed me before for having no front tag displayed, and Im not even
registered in DC.  Not sure if other jurisdictions have these same laws...

Ron Browne
Bowie, MD
1992 318is (no front tag)

PS..Hey Rob: Thanx for the front filler plate.  :-)