Lapping day @Atlanta Motor Speedway

From: Grant M. Wells@ECCI on 08/24/98 10:23 AM

Well folks, we all know BMWs don't belong on the ovals (except maybe a BMW
engine in an Indy car),
but you got to admit it would be fun to run our high speed autobahn bred
cars on the high banks
just once.

The chance is here!  The local Z Atlanta car club has arranged a lapping
day at AMS
Oct 18. for a cost for non Z members of $175 for the day.

http://www.georgiazclub.com./prezsez.htm

There is a camp-out the night before with entertainment.  The garages will
be open if you
rather not stay out in the open.

I'm still waiting to find out whether we will run a 24 hours of Daytona
setup or just the high banks.
I know they will create a cone chicane to slightly slow the cars, but the
group has run here before
with the advanced group was running 140mph +.

For you autox people, its time to get off the AMS parking lot and drive the
real track.

Looking for a drafting partner....anybody want to play?

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 325is w/2.9L M50 & '88 M3 underpinnings