Re: <e28> OBC question

Had the same thing happen a couple of times on my E34.

What it's doing is lapsing into the 7-Series mode for some reason. The
7-Series OBC includes a function which allows you to program in a
ventilation cycle so the car will be cooled down when you return to
it. That's what you're seeing.

As with yours, mine eventually realizes it's in a 5 and fixes itself.

Cheers,
Joe
'90 535i Manual 175K and going strong...
'88 325  Manual 116K and going strong...

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:51:36 -0500
> From: "Burt Tribble" <btribble@domain.elided>
> Subject: <e28> OBC question
>
> Here's a puzzler for you e28 gurus.
>
> A few days ago my OBC was flashing on my '86 528e and needed to be
reset.
> Figured a fuse was not making good contact -- happens sometimes.
During the