re: credit card purchases

I promise this is my last post on this issue, but
I may have created a misimpression in my last post
which I feel the need to correct. A cardholder's
right to NOT pay a balance when he has a good
faith dispute with a merchant is limited in
several ways, the most important of which (for
mail order purposes) is that the merchant must be
in the same state as you OR within 100 miles of
your mailing address. Because a large portion of
mail orders would NOT fit these criteria, Duane's
statement (you're s.o.l. if you don't like the
cast wheels you bought mail order) may well be
absolutely correct. Again, your card issuer and/or
attorney will be happy to tell you your rights in
any sort of card dispute. Sorry if I got anyone's
hopes up.

Andy '95 M3