re: credit card purchases

Ok, I lied about that last post being my last on
the topic. This geographical limit stuff does NOT
apply when the merchant never sends you your stuff
in the first place -- it only applies where a
dispute arises AFTER you get the stuff & want to
return it, but the merchant refuses to credit your
card. Sorry again for any confusion.
I previously wrote:
A cardholder's right to NOT pay a balance when he
has a good faith dispute with a merchant is
limited in several ways, the most important of
which (for mail order purposes) is that the
merchant must be in the same state as you OR
within 100 miles of your mailing address. Because
a large portion of mail orders would NOT fit these
criteria, Duane's statement (you're s.o.l. if you
don't like the cast wheels you bought mail order)
may well be absolutely correct. Again, your card
issuer and/or attorney will be happy to tell you
your rights in any sort of card dispute.

Andy '95 M3