Re: 1995 540ia vs 1995 740ia - What to buy!?!

Steve laments:

> Hi fellow helpful digest readers, I went to look at a 95 540ia to buy
> yesterday and they ended up steering me into a 95 740ia Aspen Silver/Grey
> Leather(the same colors as the James Bond car in the last movie) which was
> HELP!  Any ideas?  Does anyone out there own one of these huge cars?  It is
> so sumptious on the inside, I was shocked. Tons of cool features, but I'm a
> 37 y.o. single guy and don't exactly know if this is too much of an "old
> man" car for me.
> If anyone owns a 95-97 740i (not the HUGE il model) please share your
> experience.
> Steve

First off, I don't think the 740 is _that_ much larger than the 540.
Inside that slightly larger shell beats the same heart from BMW.  The
740 will be no slouch.  I'm pretty sure the master Jim C can make that
heart beat stronger.  If you're worried about the image you have only to
buy the right wheels and aggressive tires to give the image you want.
In the end you get a car that'll carry more luggage and prestige but
that'll still stun those young pups in their pitiful MouseThangs.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL